The cost of a school meal for key stage 2 children (Years 3, 4, 5 & 6) is £2.50.
You may be entitled to claim free school meals for your child if you receive any of the following
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods).
- Income Support (IS)
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance (IBSJA)
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (IRESA)
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs, that does not exceed £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on (the payment you get for a further 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
If you qualify for any of the above there is now a new and easy way to apply for Free School Meals. Parents and carers with parental responsibility may apply on-line at:
This system is discrete and will give you an instant decision on your eligibility. You will then need to email a screen-shot to prove eligibility to our school (email@example.com). We are no longer able to accept paper copy application forms. If you have any problems, please telephone 0345 155 1019 or please see the school office for more information.
All children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are eligible for free school meals. However, some of these children (and older children) would also be eligible under the original free school meals scheme (details above) and it is very important to our schools that we still identify these pupils. This is because each child registered under the original scheme attracts valuable funding for their school.
If you believe that your child is eligible for a free school meal, whatever age, would you kindly help the school by ensuring that you apply. Please ring 0345 155 1019 for further information. (If you currently receive free meals, under the original scheme, then there is no need to reapply at this time).
Even if you do not actually wish your child to have a school meal, you can still apply so that the school receives funding to help support the children.
ParentPay - our new online payment service
We are pleased to announce that we will shortly be accepting payments online for items such as dinner money, school trips and uniform. Using a secure website called ParentPay you will be able to pay online using your credit / debit card . ParentPay will be our method of making payments to school.
What are the benefits to parents & pupils?
What are the benefits to our school?
How to get started with ParentPay?
We will send you your account activation details. Once you receive these:
- Enter your Activation username and password in the Account Login section of the homepage
NB. These are for one-time use only, please choose your own username and password for future access during the activation process
- Provide all the necessary information and choose your new username
and password for your account - registering your email address will enable us to send you receipts and reminders
- Once activation is complete you can go straight to Items for payment, select which item(s) you want to add to your basket and proceed to complete your payment